Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Busy October...

We started off the month with belt promotion testing at Taekwondo...Kai's first official testing!!! It was so cute to watch him test - and he did GREAT!! Every score he got was above an 8 (out of ten).
Proud Daddy!!
I was also super proud of Kai - its so fun that he is starting to do activities like this. Definitely growing out of being "my baby".
All three head instructors had their sons testing...pretty cute!
I also tested - just no pictures to prove it. You might notice the bright pink on my hand - its the new accessory for fall...I broke my hand doing my board break for my test (three nights before). Its my first ever broken bone - and will be my last!!! Not the funnest experience. Good news, I did break my board and no one knew I was even hurt until after my test was over - I waited to cry.
The kids, my mom, Tyler, Aubrey, Duncan and I went to Moab to support Wyatt's BIG race...24 hours of Moab. Wyatt's team KILLED their divison by a lap and 49 minutes - EXPERTS next year!!
My mom and Kai in his pajama pants - refused to get dressed, but I obviously didn't care that much.
Kai and me waiting for the race to start.
I was doing the dishes when I heard a loud crash - I followed the noise to the bathroom. Reese discovered that the bathtub is fun without water also! She is always trying to climb into the tub - we keep the doors shut now.
I "hired" Wyatt to remodel our bathroom. He has done an AMAZING job and I am so thankful to have him as my brother. Wyatt - YOU ROCK! If you want to hire him, let me know. ;)
Before - ugly, ugly, ugly (Wyatt had already ripped up the floor)
After - with beautiful tile.
Kai discovered how to save on water...pee off the back deck - no flushing! The toilet was not installed...however, Kai has tried this since then.
Reese is CLIMBING - AHHHHH!!!!
I love her face in this - Oh no...I got caught!
The computer table is a favorite to climb on.
Trying to climb through. I love her chubby legs!!
Climbing on top of stools - smart girl, getting closer to the fish (she loves to watch them).
Climbing in cupboards!
Reese is also walking!!! This is to show that she took 7 steps in a row - she is now walking a lot more than she is crawling.
Before Halloween I pulled out the big bucket of costumes for us to go through. Kai found my super woman costume from last year, when I was big pregnant. He wanted to be super-Kai for Halloween...
But he ended up being Spider-Kai (any surprise there?).
Kai has also started chores - don't know if its "too early". But he wanted to help out and so I jumped all over that!
We had quite a busy month - I also went up to Idaho to be with my mom for a couple of weeks. I had a great time up there with my family. I can hardly believe that its almost the middle of November...time starts flying at the end of the year!

1 comments:

The Becks said...

How cute are the kids. I cant belive you broke your hand. Lol Still no news at work. We are short handed right now because our boss quite. I am trying to interview for it, and if all goes well I will need to hire my replacement. So I will keep you posted on that. If I get the job we might be back for KARATE YEA.
Love and miss you guys.